Do you feel quite adventurous? The City of Baguio offers a lot of adventurous activities, being the summer capital of the Philippines, it is considered to be one of the Philippines’ premier tourist destination. With the influx of tourists and those who would like to spend their vacation in this city of pines comes also the influx of businesses, and because of the fact that Baguio City is a place for adventure many entrepreneurs ventured into businesses that would involve fun activities. Some of the activities that you can do when spending your time in the City of Baguio are the following:
1. Nature Walking – well although you can avail of this activity for free by just walking around the outskirts of the city you can also avail of walking through a forested area without the fear of getting lost by trekking through the different trails at Camp John Hay. Or it could also be considered as a nature walk by just walking around Baguio City’s parks such as the Botanical Garden, Burnham Park and some parts of Camp John Hay.
2. Food Adventure – the city of Baguio is a melting pot of cultures and most of the manifestations of such cultures are in food, you can go to the different restaurants and “carinderia” in order to taste the different food that different cultures has to offer. You can take a taste of the native pinikpikan for the Cordilleran culture influence, Chinese inspired dishes and the creative strawberry sinigang.
3. Ghost Hunting – being one of the stops of the Japanese during the second world war, Baguio city is also known for its different structures that are known to be haunted, among these are the white house along Leonard Wood Road, the abandoned Diplomat hotel and the cemetery along Loakan Road. During the evening these places are quiet and known to be the playground of spirits.
4. Horseback Riding – wright park is known to be the horseback riding area in Baguio City, it is definitely an exciting experience as you go around the track riding at the back of a horse, this activity could also be a good family bonding moment as the rides are made to be safe since the horses are handled by experienced pony boys. For an extra charge you can travel along some of the selected roads around Baguio City.
5. Photowalk – if you are the kind of person who enjoys walking around and taking pictures Baguio City is a great place since the City offers a lot of magnificent sceneries from nature to architectural structures, from landscape to macro photos all these you can find inspiration from in the city of Baguio.
Well these are just some of the things that you can do in the magnificent City of Baguio and because of the proximate distances of one tourist area to another you will never get lost rather you could just enjoy the cold weather and the fun and adventurous activities that the city of Baguio has to offer.